Monday, October 15, 2012

An Underwater View of the Red Sea

The underwater world in Hurghada and the Red Sea is a huge reason the region attracts so many tourists. Divers find a rich marine life that is unique to this part of the world. Snorkellers can get just as much fun out of it, with many reefs being quite shallow and offering good visibility.

We did one such boat trip this week and I was able to catch some fantastic shots on the reefs near Giftun Island. Included among this was an unusual meeting of two moray eels. As they are traditionally known to be solitary and territorial, I believe this may be a ritual of courtship.  It was absolutely incredible to see, as I was snorkelling above the reef when I saw the first moray, who stunned me by swimming out of his hole and directly underneath me to join the other moray (which I had not seen by this time). 


In addition to the eels, there was an abundance of tropical fish. It was truly wonderful to see, so here are some shots that you can enjoy and I hope bring you a little bit closer to the beauty of the Red Sea corals. If you want to find out more about such boat trips, feel free to contact me using the button above. 












Up close and personal with the Moray Eel



Moray Eel swimming out








No comments:

Post a Comment