Apple Crumble (or any fruit crumble for that matter) is one of the easiest desserts to make, and takes very little time to boot! :) So here you go, the infamous Apple Crumble recipe, a'la Suz!
For the filling:
3-4 large apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the crumble:
2 tablespoons sugar (brown or white, doesn't matter :) )
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup crushed biscuits
4 tablespoons of butter
I prefer to use biscuits for my crumble. Many recipes will call for flour, but I feel the biscuits give it a nicer crunch. Hob Nobs work best, with their oaty flavour it compliments the apples nicely.
- Preheat your Oven to 180 Celsius, 350 Fahrenheit.
- Take your apples, peel and core them. Slice them into sections, about 1/2 inch thick. Take the apples, and add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix and sit aside.
- Crush your biscuits (Easiest way to do this is with a Ziplock bag and a rolling pin :) )
- Add your biscuit mix to the oats. Stir in sugar, and mix all together with the butter. You want it to be fairly solid in consistency, but still enough to crumble. Add a little bit of extra butter if it's not holding together well.
- Place the apple mix in your baking dish, and sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for roughly 10-15 minutes, or until the top has browned.
Serve warm, or cold. Goes GREAT with custard! Bon appetit :).